Friday 21 March 2014

Super busy few weeks...

Unexpectedly some things came up that made me super busy for the last 3 weeks. Cooking was something I really struggled to have any time for and I was too exhausted to come up with anything new. So, I ate things I've already posted on here and really had to make sure I did the mindfulness exercises. 

Here's what I ate and hope I coped:

Lunches:
mackerel & quinoa salad
Crustless tofu quiches
Broccoli salad
Chicken and lettuce sandwich (new recipe)





Dinners:
BBQ peppers with baby beetroot (new recipe)
Sweet potato lentils & mackerel
Chickpeas with spinach and tomatoes




Exercises:
In the evenings to unwind and let my brain rest I took the The Relaxation Journey exercise. 

When I was at work and needed to take a break I would do the Tai Chi Baton Breathing at my desk. I could do it for 2-3 minutes just to let my brain chill and refocus. 





I found attending some gentle yoga classes with an emphasis on pranayama (breathing) and meditation ensured that I took a full hour lunch break and came back with a clearer mind and better attention. 




I will update these recipes with some extra nutrition comments in the next week or so and add the news ones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment